Hello again readers! ^^ I need to write this idea fast before this idea just evaporates from my head LOL
I actually got this idea after I watched a new beauty vlogger on youtube called TeddyBearKitties or Angela. She did a swap with another beauty vlogger. She’s only 13 so she set a budget of USD 30 for the swap. Then I though, hey a blog swap can be interesting too! So here I am, blogging about this LOL
So the concept of the swap is first to find a trustworthy swap partner. You can’t just swap with everyone because not everyone can be trusted. I mean, think about it. You will have to give him/her your full name and address and phone number. Those things are considered private stuffs for some people. Also, you don’t want to receive just a huge box with a paper inside saying “thanks for the stuffs!” and you get nothing in return, right? So always, and I mean ALWAYS choose your swap partner carefully.
After you find a trustworthy swap partner, both of you should decide the theme of the swap and set a budget. You can buy as many things as you want to that budget. Let’s say both of you decided to do a beauty theme and set a USD 30 budget. You can get your partner a Nature Republic Aloe Vera gel for USD 10, 4 Etude House masks for a total of USD 15, and a cute makeup brush(es) for USD 5. That adds up to USD 30 and definitely fit the theme. Or you can buy 1 MAC Studio Fix for USD 30 online. You both also have to decide whether it’s okay to buy the products online (which most products are cheaper online so you can get/give more products) or only to buy it in stores (with store price of course).
Additional tips :
- Find out what your swap partner needs or wants. If it’s in the budget and you can get them, buy it! ^^
- Find out what your swap partner already has. You don’t want to give her the same exact thing that she has just bought last week!
- Find out what your swap partner likes. Maybe brightening skincare or glittery nail polish, or ultra shimmery eyeshadows?
- Buy what you think they will like and appreciate, not what you love. Remember, it’s for your swap partner, not for you.
- Overseas swap partner is okay, but you both should think about the shipping price. I suggest to do swaps with the people from the same country so you won’t spend too much for the shipping ^^ For example, if I want to do a swap with someone from USA, the shipping price from USA to INA is around USD20-ish! That’s mental, right?
- You are not allowed to ask for things from your swap partners, like “Can you get me the Wet n Wild eyeshadow palette, please?” No. Swaps are supposed to be a surprise for you and your partner~ So don’t tell anyone what you bought for each other!
After that you gotta make sure that both you and your partner already got the stuffs for each other and try to send them if not in the same day, in the same week. For the shipping, both sides must know the general rules of shipping the products. For example, bubble wrap all the makeup products properly and put them in a box that will fit them nicely. Adding a hand written card is also a cute additional option ^^ And don’t forget to inform your partner after you ship the package and tell them the tracking number. Also, inform your partner if you already got yours!
And last, since both of you are bloggers, you should blog about your swap experience. If possible, try to publish the swap post in the same week, or better, same day! ^^ Try to be honest about how you feel after receiving the package. But a little white lie won’t be dangerous, though 😉 In my personal opinion, you can’t give used stuff for a swap. That’s just impolite and inappropriate. You should give new, unopened stuffs for the swap.
Well I think that’s all I gotta say about the blog swap idea~ Is anyone in Indonesia, preferably in Java island interested to do a swap with me? 😀 Maybe this idea have been happening around in blog world but I’m really interested to do 1~ What do you think about this idea? Is it a yay or nay? Tell me in the comment section below! ^^